Last Updated: October 25th, 2022
We may provide additional privacy notices to individuals at the time we collect their data. For example, our privacy practices in connection with clinical trials or patient registries, once they become available, are governed by applicable clinical trial protocol(s) and related informed consents and HIPAA authorization forms. This type of an “in-time” notice will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Ways in Which We May Collect Information about You:
- Information you directly provide to us, such as through the Website
- Third party sources, when authorized or otherwise permitted by law, including:
- Healthcare professionals, including physicians
- Hospitals, clinics and other healthcare providers
- Contract research organizations and clinical trial investigators
- Publicly available records
- Nonprofit organizations, patient advocacy organizations and other industry groups
The Type of Information We May Collect About You:
We may collect the following information from or about you:
- Health and medical information (such as information about your medical insurance coverage, physical and mental health conditions, diagnoses, and treatments, genetic information, and family medical history)
- Personal contact information (such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and emergency contact information)
- Biographical and demographic information (such as your date of birth, age, gender, marital status, education history, and information regarding any parents or legal guardians or legally authorized representatives)
- Publicly available information
- Other information you provide to us (such as in emails, on phone calls, in surveys, or in other correspondence with us, or our service providers or research partners)
Information Automatically Collected
Like many online websites, we use the following technologies to collect information automatically from you:
- Cookies are files with small amounts of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, the Website may not function properly.
We also use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our Website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our Website – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page:
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not recognize Do Not Track signals.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for various purposes, including:
- To operate, maintain, administer and improve the Website.
- To verify your identity.
- To respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
- To communicate with you about the Website, and any health-related information we have collected about you, and to send you details or updates about features of the Website or changes to our policies.
- To conduct product-improvement activities or research related activities.
- To communicate with you to (i) provide you with news and updates about Neuralink’s work and research, including opportunities to participate in future clinical trials or other research and development work; (ii) send you questionnaires and surveys to collect feedback about your experience with Neuralink and (iii) send you questionnaires and surveys for use in research and product development or other legally permissible purposes.
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
- To create anonymized and/or aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including internal analysis, analytics, and other functions.
- To protect our rights, your rights, and the rights of others, and to meet our own high standards of business practice.
- With your consent.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information that we have collected with the following persons/entities and in the following circumstances:
- Service providers. We may share personal information with our vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- Research partners. We may disclose your personal information to partners with whom we conduct product-improvement activities or research related activities.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement; protection and safety. We may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Website; © protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
- Business transfers. Acquiring and other relevant parties to business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in Neuralink.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you do not want to receive communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the instructions in the relevant electronic communication or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving communications from us, we may still send you important communications such as administrative messages, which you cannot opt-out of.
In the event we collect personal information directly from you we will rely on the personal information you provide, so it is important that this information be accurate and up-to-date. If your personal information changes, or if you become aware that the personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, irrelevant or out of date, you may contact us using the contact information provided below.
We have implemented safeguards to help secure your personal information. Despite these protections, however, we cannot guarantee that your data will never be compromised. You should take measures to protect your personal information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information directly from anyone under the age of 18, we will delete that information.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By accessing the Website, and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
EXTERNAL LINKS / WEBSITES
For your convenience and information, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content that are not owned or operated by Neuralink. These links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites you visit and services you use.